When looking for sustainable solutions in beauty, I realised there was a lot of contradictory information, biased opinions, and a very diverse range of incompatible solutions. And you wouldn’t know they were incompatible until you tried them.
Hence developing a content to provide clarity and cut through the noise!
our pick of this week's news
Carbon recycling captures carbon and provides an alternative to traditionally fossil-derived materials – and the beauty industry is exploring the benefits! For example, last year, L’Oréal announced the creation of a bottle made using polyethylene (PE) from captured and recycled carbon emissions, and revealed its intention to commercialise this bottle by 2024. Similarly, in May, BASF announced it was now able to produce, at laboratory scale, n-octanol (a fatty alcohol used in cosmetics) that is derived from the industrial emissions of carbon monoxide and hydrogen.
- Carbon recycling has multiple benefits
- Huge benefits to be made with collaboration and technology
- There is movement towards a circular economy
- Think about necessity of product before launching
- Develop sustainably in packaging and formulation
- Fast and cheap shouldn't be the model anymore
Make-up packaging is challenging in shapes, finish and safety of the formula. So making it refillable is a complex idea. “it was a challenging design to produce because of the many facets in the octagon and the stair-step design in the lid” said Grabiela Hernandez, founder. The article also explains how the solutions were not available before, and have come into the market now to develop such products.
- Base packaging made in zamac
- Refillable for powders, highlighters, blushes
- Desire to switch the entire range to refillable or low-waste solutions
IN FRENCH - s'il vous plaît
LVMH relance Make Up For Ever
Nouvelles formulations et nouvelles offres développées avec plus de 40 maquilleurs de son pool, éco-conception de packagings, focus sur le digital avec des outils dotés d'IA pour faciliter les achats en ligne et nouveaux concepts retail dont le premier a ouvert à Shanghai dans le but de rester proche de ses consos, de les divertir et d'asseoir le dynamisme de la marque.