As we eat less, use less energy, how else can we reduce our energy consumption in the summer?
Are you up-to-date with the latest, without being a legislation expert?
We have developed our content to decipher packaging, materials, innovations, regulations, market trends to help you make better choices in your New Product Development and ensure your answer consumer needs and market readability.
We are currently running the pilot “Sustainable Beauty Packaging” course, and will run the full course again at the end of September. Visit our website to download the programme and get ready to join us then!
our pick of this week's news
Harrods is setting an “ambitious long-term strategic ambition” for dedicated beauty stores - said Annalise Fard, Director of home and beauty at Harrods. Following on the success of current stores which reflects the ongoing demand for exceptional, high-quality retail experiences”
- After months of restrictions and the move to online retail, consumers are looking for exclusive and VIP experiences.
- The exclusivity, private members club idea was an up and coming trend before the pandemic, it’s likely to increase with the need for safe and controlled surroundings with the utmost luxurious experience
- Even though it”s a voluntary action, it’s likely to come into legislation. It’s already the case in South Africa
- Scaling up recycling technologies to answer increased demand for PCR (Post Consumer Recycled) can only be achieved through industry wide investments
- Sharing the cost of recycling with the producer of goods makes a lot of sense
A quick look at the recent beauty launches shows us that “science-backed” and high-tech is a key trend, with personalised testing, and new technology for a custom and targeted routine? And also a very focused skincare on Latin Heritage, Baby Care, Anti-Aging … beauty is becoming very niche.
- No mention of refillable or “green packaging”. I guess, it goes without saying? Does it, really?
- Key words: intelligent skincare, new standard of clean, medical adviser, technology (does it trigger you too? as if all skincare was stupid and dirty before? gggrrrr)
IN FRENCH - s'il vous plaît
Où en est la beauté non-genrée ?
Dans une logique d'inclusivité et de diversité, les données du dernier rapport Traackr nous démontrent que la tendance non-genrée tendrait à s'estomper pour une beauté multiple. En effet, les engagements obtenus par du contenu mentionnant la beauté non binaire, transgenre et fluide ont augmenté de +50%. Il n'est plus question de masculin, de féminin ou des deux. Un vrai besoin d'adapter son positionnement et d'intégrer cette culture pour répondre à la communauté LGBTQIA+.
From now on, re-sources, will display a news coming from our friend Adelaide Lohio at L’observatoire Beauté… sorry it’s only in French, but worth a read every week.